Are you still waiting on your taxes and stimulus?
Everything has slowed down due to the pandemic. Mail, UPS, FedEx and all shipping services. Fast food lines are longer and grocery stores have fewer lanes open. Check your refund status. Info below on how to track your stimulus and taxes. Hope this helps!
Find out when your Economic Impact Payment is scheduled to be sent, or when and how we sent it with the Get My Payment application. Get My Payment updates once a day, usually overnight.
Do not call the IRS. Our phone assistors don’t have information beyond what’s available on IRS.gov.
Get help with this application in Get My Payment Frequently Asked Questions.
Previous payment information is no longer available in Get My Payment. See First and Second Payment Status.
On this page:
The third round of Economic Impact Payments are being sent in phases.
Each week we’re sending the third round of Economic Impact Payments to eligible individuals as we continue to process tax returns. If you haven’t received a payment yet, it doesn’t mean you won’t.
Payments are sent by direct deposit or mail as a check or debit card.
We are mailing IRS Notice 1444-C to people who received a third Economic Impact Payment.
Plus-up payments are additional payments we are sending to people who:
- Already received a third Economic Impact Payment based on a 2019 tax return or information received from SSA, RRB or VA
- May be eligible for a larger amount based on their 2020 tax return
We’ll automatically evaluate your eligibility for a plus-up payment using your 2020 return.
The IRS is working with federal agencies to get updated information for recipients to ensure we are sending automatic payments to as many people as possible. More information about when these payments will be made is provided in the March 30 news release and the April 14 news release.
Amount and Status of Your Payment
To find the amount of the third payment, create or view your online account or refer to IRS Notice 1444-C, which we mailed after sending the payment.
If you are sent a plus-up Economic Impact Payment after your 2020 tax return is processed:
- The amount of your initial third payment will no longer show in your online account. You will only see the amount of your plus-up payment.
- The status of your initial third payment will no longer show in Get My Payment. You will only see the status of your plus-up payment.
Some tax returns take longer to process than others for many reasons, including when a return:
- Includes errors such as an incorrect Recovery Rebate Credit amount
- Is incomplete
- Is affected by identity theft or fraud
- Includes a claim filed for an Earned Income Tax Credit or an Additional Child Tax Credit using 2019 income.
- Includes a Form 8379, Injured Spouse Allocation PDF, which could take up to 14 weeks to process
- Needs further review in general
For the latest information on IRS refund processing during the COVID-19 pandemic, see the IRS Operations Status page.