Ear Kandy Radio

Ear Kandy Radio, the heartbeat of the streets

Cleaning Products You BETTER NOT Mix Together

So I had to do a little research last night due to a dumb ass decision I made to mix some cleaning products!!  I was looking to make something nice and strong and I mixed two products that obviously you are not supposed to mix.  It clearly said this on the bottle as well, but you know how sometimes you just think you know everything?  Especially with a product like bleach…  I have been using that my whole life.  Well anyway, I mixed these products then I took a big whiff of the bottle and immediately started coughing.  It smelled like the strongest ammonia I had ever smelled in my entire life.  I poured it out and ran some water down the drain, then just mixed some bleach and water to clean.  After I was done, I was so sick.  I was wheezing and short of breath & kept coughing.  I was almost on my way to emergency, but my husband was there to take care of me.

So I wanted to pass this NEED TO KNOW information on to my people.  I do not want anybody to make the mistake I made because according to my research, you can die from mixing cleaning products if it creates the wrong chemical reaction.  Take a look at the list below… these are the top 5 cleaning products that you should NEVER MIX TOGETHER!

Cleaning Products You Should Never Mix

  • Hydrogen peroxide + vinegar

    While these two chemicals can be used in succession as a cleaning duo, do not mix them together.  Combining these two creates peracetic acid or corrosive acid, an irritant that, in high concentrations, can harm the skin, eyes, throat, nose, and lungs.

  • Drain cleaner + more drain cleaner

    If you’ve got a clog, it’s tempting to pour in as much drain cleaner as you can find under your sink — but beware of using one right after the other, because these super-strong formulas (they’re meant to eat away those clogs!) can react very, very badly.  Combining drain cleaners can cause the release of chlorine gas and potentially lead to an explosion.  

  • Bleach + ammonia

    Combining bleach and ammonia releases chloramine vapors, which can cause respiratory problems and throat burns if inhaled, says Bock.  Beware that many cleaning products contain either bleach or ammonia in their formulas, so the fact that you could be combining these two might not be so obvious — which is why you should never, ever mix any kind of cleaning product.

  • Bleach + rubbing alcohol

    This combination releases chloroform, a gas notorious for being used by old-fashioned bad guys to knock out their victims.  High levels of exposure can lead to damage of the nervous system, eyes, lungs, skin, liver, kidneys, and even death.  Even low levels can make you dizzy or nauseous.

  • Bleach + vinegar

    Same deal: This releases chlorine and chloramine vapors.  These can cause a chemical burn, most likely in your lungs or eyes.   

Safety first! So don’t forget the following:

  • Keep cleaning products in their original containers with their original labels.
  • Stop using or at least try to use less bleach and ammonia in your home.
  • If you use bleach or ammonia, make sure to rinse thoroughly with plenty of water.
  • Never mix bleach with other household cleaning products.
  • Maintain safety standards, and always follow the instructions as indicated by the manufacturer.
  • Keep all cleaning products out of the reach of children.

For more information, please visit the blogs I got this information from https://www.thekitchn.com/5-cleaning-supplies-that-you-should-never-mix-253170, https://brightside.me/inspiration-tips-and-tricks/7-household-cleaning-products-you-should-never-mix-278910/, https://www.buzzfeed.com/peggy/16-common-product-combinations-you-should-never-mix.

Facebook Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *