We’ve all been there… Nobody wants them… We pray so hard for them to go away & promise to never drink again… But (if you’re a drinker) we all get them!!!
So we have made a list of the top 5 ways to cure a hangover…
- RE-HYDRATE – Drink water, Gatorade or ginger ale. Alcohol is a diuretic (it makes you have to use the bathroom), so you need to make sure you do not get dehydrated. This will alleviate headaches, dizziness and being light headed, especially if you are vomiting.
- TAKE A PAIN KILLER – Avoid pills with Acetaminophen in them, due to liver damage reactions with alcohol metabolites. Aspirin or Ibuprofen will get rid of the headache and pains.
- EAT CRACKERS/TOAST – These foods will help with nausea and will help your body soak up the alcohol in your system. AVOID ACIDIC OR SPICY foods, they are the most difficult foods for your body to digest. Also avoid foods that are heavy and oily because they increase the feeling of nausea.
- DON’T DRINK ALCOHOL TO GET RID OF A HANGOVER – It may temporarily make you feel better, but it will dehydrate you even further, and make you feel worse later. (If you do decide to drink alcohol… drink a Bloody Mary or a beer, but DO NOT over do it).
- SEXERCISE – That’s right… sex & exercise makes the hangover better. They both release endorphins from the body and it makes the time go faster.
Blog with me…. What do you do to cure your hangover???