Ear Kandy Radio

Ear Kandy Radio, the heartbeat of the streets

Megan Thee Stallion Gets Temporary Restraining Order Against Record Label

Megan Thee Stallion has had it up to here with her record label, 1501 Certified Entertainment, and she just WON her suit against them!

Meg filed a suit Monday against the label and their head person in charge, Carl Crawford, alleging the label is blocking her from releasing new music because she wants to renegotiate her contract. She signed that contract five years ago, when she was only 20 years old.

Megan was granted a temporary restraining order (TRO) which stops her label from blocking the music she is planning to release this Friday (March 6) and from attacking/abusing her on social media . The only downside to this i\s her current contract calls for her to only profit 40%, while the label gets the other 60%… but she has to pay for all her engineers, featured artists who work with her on the songs and mixers. Plus, she only got $10,000 advance when he signed (thus the reason she would like to renegotiate).

Also, Megan says the the contract with 1501 Certified says all the money she makes from tours and live performances are to be paid directly to them, and they will give her a detailed explanation of what is owed to her. She claims they have only provided incomplete receipts/invoices and it is worded “purposefully and deceptively vague.”

Another complaint Meg has about Crawford is he uses his relationship with J. Prince (founder of Rap-a-Lot records) to intimidate people in the industry. Meg has not filed any complaints against J.Prince, but she wants Crawford to know that she is not intimidated by him at all. She is suing 1501 Certified Entertainment and Carl for at least $1 million in damages, reported by TMZ.

I’m really happy Megan stood up for herself & ultimately what was right! I hope people in the industry take this lesson you is going through and learn from it. Read those contracts, and know when you are looking at a shitty deal!

Facebook Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *