Sarah Douglas of Lethbridge, Alberta stopped at a McDonalds for a latte while taking her son to a baseball tournament Sunday, July, 29th. Sarah who is pregnant with her third child noticed something wasn’t right with the taste of the latte and pulled over to spit out the sip she had consumed.
She then returned back to the restaurant to complain and that’s when she was told to lines of cleaning solution were hooked up to the latte machine. Sarah contacted Alberta Health Services and was transferred to poison control to learn the proper protocol to handle this tye of situation.
Since this incident, McDonals has issued an apology on behalf of Dan Brown the owner of the franchise. Alberta Health Services is currently conducting an investigation, and a McDonald’s health inspector has been to the restaurant and is not opening a further investigation.
How Did This Happen
During the machine cleaning which takes place every morning, the milk supply line was connected to the cleaning solution which is how guests drink were contaminated. Let’s hope this never happens agian and that the woman and unborn child are not harmed and receiveing proper care.
From the Desk of,
Gabrielle M. Daniel
Ear Kandy Radio
Blogger & Writer