DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – A 26-year-old woman who had just quit her job as a middle school teacher who was arrested for allegedly having ahas been released from jail, CBS Orlando affiliate WKMG reports. Stephanie Peterson bonded out of jail Thursday night after a judge lowered her bond to $12,500.
Peterson had filed for divorce about two weeks before she was arrested, the station reports.
Previously, the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement that the teen said Peterson also sent him nude photos.
Peterson, also known as Stephanie Ferri, was arrested on two counts of lewd or lascivious battery and one count of transmission of harmful materials to a minor, the sheriff’s office said.
Peterson bonded out of jail Thursday night after a judge lowered her bond to $12,500.
A former Florida middle school teacher accused of having sex with a 14-year-old student as well as supplying him marijuana was released from jail on Thursday night after having her bond reduced – as it emerged that she is divorcing her husband.
Stephanie Peterson Ferri, 26, was led into a Daytona Beach courtroom dressed in an orange jail garb and with handcuffs restraining her wrists for her initial court appearance.
Ferri appeared somber and pale during the brief hearing, and at times used her long black hair to shield her bare face from the news cameras in the courtroom.
- Stephanie Peterson Ferri, 26, made her initial court appearance Thursday, and had her release bond lowered from $25,000 to $12,500
- Ferri was arrested Wednesday on charges of lewd and lascivious behavior over alleged relations with a 14-year-old boy
- The teen told his parents this week that Ferri had been sending him nude photos
- He also said she bought him marijuana and a ‘bowl to smoke it’, police said
- Peterson resigned from her science teacher position on Monday
- She is now in the middle of divorce from her firefighter husband Brandon, whom she married in 2015
For more info visit https://www.cbsnews.com